Enjoy the summer sun, beach and the sea and start every day with a yoga-session that nourishes body and mind. After our delicious brunch, you can relax on the fine, sandy beach, do active water-sports, explore roman ruins, stroll through boutiques of the villages nearby, hike through protected pine forests or make yourself comfortable in a hammock in our garden.
The point is that you do what you like and enjoy all the guidance and support we provide. Once a week we offer a walk to the natural beach Waikiki, which is framed by stunning sandstone. This beach can only be reached by foot!
Isabella Welsch guides the group through a program, with carefully designed athayoga classes on an intermediate level. She teaches her own, modern blend of different styles. Many poses allow you to adjust to an easier or more challenging level. We need to know a bit about physical and psychological fitness of a participant: Please let us know ahead if you have any conditions.
Classes are taught in english. Partial translation to german or spanish is possible.
This retreat is for you if:
– You are interested in learning about more details and anatomical precision of the yoga poses
– You want to practice intensely and get input for renewing your yoga practice
– You wish to combine yoga and vacation
– You seek to explore the subtleties of your own breath
– You want to dive into the world of yogic meditation
Arrival, day 1:
Check in from 15.00 onwards
Sunday to Friday (with the exception of Wednesday):
8.00: Morning hydration
17.00-19.00: Athayoga Yang & Yin, including philosophy, breathing exercises (pranayama) and meditation. Usually we do it under umbrellas on the beach.
When there is no group program, individual activities and services like massage/osteopathy can be booked.
Once a week, usually on Wednesday, there is no morning yoga class, but you can use the room for your own practice if you want. We have breakfast at 8.30 and at 9.30 we start to walk to the beach Waikiki. You receive a lunch-package with you (included in the price) and we usually walk back in the late afternoon.
Departure, day 8:
Check out till 11.00
We offer a vegetarian brunch, using local, organic products where possible. 1-2x / week we might also serve some fish and seafood. Dinner is not provided by the seminary house and is not included in the price. You are free to choose your place to have dinner, like a beach tavern or the courtyard of the medieval castle.
All offered rooms have AC. We have two places to accommodate participants:
– 1 or 2 bedroom apartments in Villa Isabel, which is the seminary house
– The family-run Hotel Yola near the beach.
Regardless of the accommodation, the brunch/breakfast is available to all participants in Villa Isabel, where the yoga room is located.
– A total of approx. 20 hours of yoga and meditation on 5 days
– 1x excursion as described
– Meals at Villa Isabel as described
– 7 nights in Villa Isabel or Hotel Yola
Price per person for the retreat program and the provided meals: 465,- €
Price per person for accommodation:
Double room (with 2 single beds or 1 double bed): 350,- €
Single occupancy of a double room: 700,- €
Hotel Yola: Prices may vary a little depending on available rooms
Double room (with 2 single beds or 1 double bed): 455,- €
Single occupancy of a double room: 840,- €
Address and how to get here:
Villa Isabel: Camí Hort del Senyor 6
Hotel Yola: Via Augusta 50
Both are situated in 43893 Altafulla, Spain
Check out the details on how to arrive
What to bring with you:
One week before the yoga week starts we will send you a list of things to bring with you. We have enough yoga props in the house, including high quality yoga mats. If you tend to sweat during yoga, please bring your own yoga towel with you.
Information & Registration:
- Fill out the registration form and let us know which workshop or retreat you want to attend.
- Wait till you receive the confirmation from our side that the event takes place and that there is a place for you available.
- Transfer the money to the account that you find in the confirmation.
- Organise your travel/Book your flight.